I know I have somewhat neglected my blog for the past few months, but I am back and I hope to keep those who read this updated on what is happening in our life right now. Well, most importantly, as many of you know Andy has been working so hard the past few years to prepare himself for dental school and it is finally happening. He was offered his first interview at the end of July to Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Trust me, I could live there. Minus the hurricanes. This was an early invitation extended to him, because lets face it, he is absolutely brilliant. Moving on, just last week, he received another early invitation to the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida. Okay, I know I am emphasizing on "early invitation", but really people, normally you aren't suppose to hear back from schools until September, and interviews go from October until the next June! Needless to say, both of his interviews so far are scheduled in September! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G right? So I'm kind of living the proud wife life right now. As you can see from the map below, the cities are on complete opposite ends up the state, but both are beautiful and have incredible dental programs.

Moving on, Andy and his brother T.J. were able to spend a little time together before T.J. gets ready to leave on his mission. I imagine it was a pretty incredible experience to be able to go on their first "scout camp" so to speak together. Andy came home just raving about what a good time they had together, and all I could envision was pure torture. They hiked 54 miles all over the Uinta's in a total of 6 days, and were able to weather the storms that soaked them all 6 days. Again, torture. Luckily, they happen to be the most optimistic people I know and actually made a long lasting memory. I am so glad Andy was able to share this experience with Tyler before everyone parts off in new directions. Speaking of new directions, I just found out that little man Tyler turned in his mission papers today. Let the waiting game begin! We are so proud of him and the choice he has made to serve a mission.
Next on the list, Andy and I have the privilege of babysitting quite possibly the most fun children to ever exist. We watched them this last week, and we were able to do so many fun things. I didn't get a picture of our sweet water balloon action on Thursday, but I think the "Boondock" pictures will make due. We spent 6 hours doing nothing but goofing off, and laughing our buns off there. Counting down the days until January 6th.

And last night...it was awesome. Go see it.

I hope this makes up for my lack of interest in blogging the past few months, but I will keep you posted on the events that take place with Andy as they come!
9 comments:
Woo! I'm glad you updated us - we don't see you guys as much anymore!
What are you counting down to on January 6th? Is that when you guys decided where to go for Dental school? or something even more exciting than that...??
Glad you are back. I am excited for you guys with the dental school. Florida would be great! 85 year round sounds quite nice. However, I think you should try for El Centro. Never mind that there is no dental school and we are ranked the #1 worst city in the US to live. I am there and that should make it all worth it. Good luck with the decisions. Love you!
I loved your post....yep life is really moving quickly these days. I just have to look at TJ and I have a seriously wave of sadness flood over me! But I need to be happy around him and let him know just how proud of him. The exact feelings that I went through when Andy left. But for some reason this is turning out to be little harder for me, just knowing that andy and you will be leaving shortly after, oh my it just is going to be hard on this old mom! Glad you had a fun time with the Peay's, they are such a great family!
hey! Yes, the clark's at temple. Best of luck with your husband! That's exciting. And I love the peays, kyle is my little bros bestest friend. Hope all is well!
Looks like fun! Andy is brilliant! Can't wait to see where you guys end up. What is January 6th?
That is so great about the interviews!! Congrats. I can't wait to hear where you end up. Good luck with everything!
Woo! Your back!!! HA HA!! I am so excited for Andy, I hope all goes well. Keep the updates coming!
Early invites!? How awesome is that!!?? I can't wait to see where you guys go! What an adventure. If you do end up in FL I will be visiting. Sooooo, good luck on that too.
Don't worry I've been just as much of a blog slacker as you...but I'm making a new commitment and so should you!
Congrats to Andrew!
Post a Comment