This year was a little harder than normal, only because I knew I couldn't buy my valentine anything for heart day. I have always made something for Andrew on Valentine's Day, but it has never restricted me from buying something for him also. However, this year the funds were tight and we decided it would be best if we went to dinner instead of buying one another gifts. We have made a tradition in our marriage, where we treat ourselves to the Roof restaurant once a year...Valentine's Day! What better place than where our first date was? Oh the memories, I remember so much from that evening. It just blows my mind to think we have been married two years this May. Anyway, needless to say we got our reservations and our meal was divine. Andy had planned a special delivery, and I had some custom arranged flowers delivered to our table. It was beautiful, we sat right by the window and had a great view of the temple. It turned out to be a wonderful Valentine's and I am beginning to get used to the meaning of being poor. It's been hard, something I have had a hard time adjusting to, but I know that it will all be worth it. I had multiple reminders last night of how blessed I am and am so grateful to those who contributed to make my Valentine's day wonderful. It will be absolutely unforgettable and I am forever grateful. I know that my Father in Heaven is aware of me and my needs.
Oh and Andy did get something...
Oh and Andy did get something...
homemade and private!
8 comments:
I am so glad that your Valentines Day was good. You guys are both so cute and darling! I love you both! Can't wait to see you!
I'm glad you were able to keep your tradition. I'm so glad that you got the window seat!!! Yay! You should post a pic of the flowers...if you have one. :) Happy Valentine's Day!!
Maren! You are so sweet!! Thank you for what you said!! :) haha I've always wanted a big sis! And I am super happy! Thank you!! It sounds like you had a great valentines, or heart day (I love that!), it is way sweet what you guys did! You and andy are so cute! I hope you're having a wonderful week! Love you!
Hey, I miss you too!! If it makes you feel better, we will be coming out in the summer! do you know where you guys are going yet?
You sure can move with us...that way I won't go nuts being in the middle of no where!
What a cute Valentines day! I will probably have to mention that to Nick :). I see Andrew's dad at my ward sometimes...he is one of our high council guys.
you are so terrific the two of you, lvyapulati
see this
Post a Comment