Mexico…it’s not what you think.
Andrew and I were invited to participate in such an amazing humanitarian project at the beginning of March. We were able to perform dentistry in a small town in Mexico for those in need. It was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, and it has really benefitted Andrew. He was able to put this project on his resume for dental school applications, which is approaching rather quickly I might add! While there we treated the Mexican residents of Colonel Juarez and the Mennonites that reside all over the country. We are looking forward to many more dental humanitarian trips.
This flight attendant was obsessed with “queen sarah.” Hence, the peanut crown he spent a good 30 minutes making her in the back.
Before…
And after.
Seeming as how there are zero laws in mexico, Andrew was able to “play” dentist as well. This is him exctracting a tooth!
Yeah, he gets that thing right out, no forceps needed. He is going to make a fine dentist if I do say so myself.
Shandi, our hygienist, also pulled a tooth.
Andy, Dr. B, and Dr. C
The whole gang including: Dr. Bohn, Andrew, maren, shandi, Sarah, brandy, Dr. Linton, dr. Liston, dr. chamberlain, and Ryan (the contractor who came to draw up plans for a new roof on the clinic.)
I could see the Grand Canyon out my window of the airplane.
And I pretty much felt like I was floating on a cloud.
All in all we had a fun and safe trip, but these guys still freak me out!
2 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh!! Jealously!! I am so so happy that the trip was safe and fun! It looks fantastic!
What an awesome opportunity! Vacations are the best...but when you're helping people they're even better (how is that possible?)
Post a Comment