Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Am Thankful For My Testimony

As once quoted by elder Dallin H Oaks, "Testimonies are better gained on the feet bearing them than on the knees praying for them."

Well apparently blogging wasn't "in" back then...

I would like to share a brief part of my testimony about the law of tithing. This is one of the many blessings we receive as members of this glorious church. This is the only thing, I believe, that helps our family continually have enough to fit our needs. I have witnessed miracles, since being married, that Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and he knows that if we have faith in Him and His promise, we will be provided for. President Gordan B. Hinckley once stated in a General Conference that it was God who made the promise that He would open the windows of heaven and pour down blessings upon those who walked honestly with Him in the payment of their tithes and offerings, and He has the capacity to keep His promise.This is something I have never forgotten, and I believe, in all truthfulness, that our Heavenly father does keep his promises to those who are faithful.






5 comments:

temaire said...

That is a beautiful testimony! :) Also, I haven't responded to your last 2 post. It is so nice to not have debt for school. I hope that it keeps up for you that way. Nice to finish with no loans!

You do have a wonderful dad! :) I am sure that you father-in-law is as well! :)

mary plus vince said...

Maren -- thank you so much for your comment on my blog in regards to my photography! You are too sweet.

My prices vary depending on what type of photo session is involved. If you would like to email me at my photography email & let me know how many people you are thinking for this, that would be helpful. Then I can give you a better idea in regards to pricing. My email is: photosbymaryelizabeth@gmail.com

Feel free to email me there anytime you have any questions in regards to my photography.

And I love these 'Thankful' posts you are doing! Such a great idea.
:D

Time to Blog It Up! said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony. Have a great day...love you MOM

Andrew and Maren said...

Oh thank you for writing me back! We really do love your style, it is awesome! I will email you at your photography website! Thank you Mary!

The Yospe's said...

hey, this is a mission friend of your husbands... tell him hi for me